Drillthrough action distinct values

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Sep 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Is it possible to do a distinct drillthrough action?

I have a customer dimension which contains some hidden attributes like title, initials, surname, address, city etc. The key is customer_id. My fact table is based on sales and the granularity is at the order line level so a customer can have multiple orders each with multiple lines (the customer_id exists in the fact table with a relationship to the customer dimension). I've created a drillthrough action in SSAS but I get each customer record duplicated per transaction line in the fact table. Can this SP cater for a distinct drillthrough?
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM
The best we have to offer is the last example on this page:
https://asstoredprocedures.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Drillthrough&referringTitle=Home

Note it builds an MDX query that returns details about the current filter context. See if that does what you're wanting.

You can't make it the double click default drillthrough action. But you could make it an action you can launch from the "Additional Actions" menu.
Oct 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM
This worked fine by the way. I used the following as a Rowset Drillthrough Action:
'call ASSP.ExecuteDrillthroughAndFixColumns("' + 
"select {[Measures].CurrentMember} on 0, 
        NON EMPTY {[Customer].[Customer].[Customer].Members} 
        on 1 
from (select (" + ASSP.CurrentCellAttributes([Measures].CurrentMember) + ") on 0 from [My Cube Name])" + '")'