Read table and join Structur from dataSourceView

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Feb 12, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Hi
Try to get the join structure from a dataSourceView, i had some problems with the function
call assp.DiscoverXmlMetadata("\Database\DataSourceViews\DataSourceView\Schema\xs:schema\xs:element\xs:complexType\xs:choice\xs:element|Name") ?

I am looking for the
<xs:element name="dbo_TIMESYSTEM_purpose"
   msprop:FriendlyName="TIMESYSTEM_purpose"
 msprop:DbSchemaName="dbo"
msprop:DbTableName="TIMESYSTEM_purpose"
.....>

Any ideas, how to pick it up ?
Reg. Jakob Gehl

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Hi Jakob,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I just posted the following reply to your question in my blog comments

Sorry, but most of the rest of the XMLA has it's data stored in elements and I built the function to extract elements not attributes. Unfortunately the Schema has a dataset serialized inside and that has all it's information in attributes. There is no way of extracting information from elements with the current function and there are some assumptions in the code that will make it hard to add this capability.

Pulling information from an attribute is not hard, it's the fact that there are sort of recursive xs:element elements inside other xs:element tags that I think may cause issues.

Feb 17, 2009 at 8:28 PM
Hi Dgosbell.
No problem. An thanks for at greate site/project.

We are currently reading  the data via DiscoverXmlMetadata.
And the reimporting the XML file.

We have a hard time finde a good way for pickup data information again. I can see that the elements are as you descript.
So to get you right, the is now easy way to read this xs:element elements.

reg Jakob Gehl