This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

ASSP.CurrentCommandIsDiscover Error

Topics: Developer Forum
Jul 23, 2015 at 6:54 PM
Edited Jul 23, 2015 at 6:54 PM
When trying to use the ASSP.CurrentCommandIsDiscover function I am getting an error on connection that says:

Execution of the managed stored procedure CurrentCommandISDiscover failed with the following error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Using sql server 2012
Permission set to unrestricted
Impersonation: tried default, service Account, and specific user.

Here is an example of how I am using it.
CREATE DYNAMIC SET CURRENTCUBE.[Accounts On Promotion] AS
IIf(
 ASSP.CurrentCommandIsDiscover(),
 Head([Account].[Account Number].[Account Number].Members,0),
    NONEMPTY([Account].[Account Number].[Account Number]
            ,[Measures].[Account Promo Count]
            )
)
,Display_Folder = 'Account Promo Sets';
Jul 23, 2015 at 9:12 PM
If you are on your laptop, how would you connect to SSAS? Maybe virtualservername\INSTANCENAME? If you are RDP'd to the SSAS server, how do you connect to SSAS? maybe localhost\INSTANCENAME? Does virtualservername\INSTANCENAME work from the server?

If you connect to SSAS in SSMS Object Explorer and right click on the server node and choose Properties, what does it say under the Information Tab for the server name? I believe that's what ASSP will use in order to try to connect to SSAS from on the server. If that doesn't work from on the server you'll get this error.