Do a Distinct Select with Drillthrough

Topics: User Forum
Nov 15, 2015 at 9:40 PM
Hi All,

Love this set of procedures, have used them for a while. Ran into a situation this past week where I only wanted to drill through on a set of attributes that did not include the attribute which joined to the fact table. So to the user, the drillthrough appeared to have repeated rows.

I ended up solving this problem by altering the source code slightly to suit my purposes, adding/altering the following lines in the ExecuteDrillthroughAndFixColumns procedure:
            string[] cols = new string[tbl.Columns.Count];

for (int i = 0; i < tbl.Columns.Count; i++)
            {
                cols[i] = tbl.Columns[i].ColumnName;
            }

return tbl.DefaultView.ToTable(true, cols);
I didn't have time today, but I probably will later alter more of the code to allow this to be an optional parameter in the custom drillthrough call. If anyone thinks this is worthwhile to add to the main project, let me know. I know in my own googling there seemed to be plenty of folks asking how to do this sort of thing, and the internet was short on answers.
Jan 27 at 9:46 PM
Hi,

Can you please help me ?I am running into a issue . I have been using ASAP.GetCustomDrillthroughMDX() but still the drilled down results still contains the duplicate rows . Please let me know if I am missing or doing wrong.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Jan 30 at 12:45 AM
Dhjones thanks for the post.

Codeplexraz I replied to your other thread:
https://asstoredprocedures.codeplex.com/discussions/660995