Microsoft.AnalysisServices.xmla.dll

Topics: User Forum
Coordinator
Feb 8, 2010 at 2:41 PM
sqlconsumernet Today at 8:34 AM 

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.xmla.dll is not available on my pc. I have win 7 with SQL 2008 SP1 (dev edition) and I can't find the dll anyware, even using the win 7 unhelpful search tool.

Where can I get this resource so I can experiment with the ASSP project?

Thanks,

Gary

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Mine's in the GAC. I searched and didn't find it elsewhere.

What parts of SQL 2008 have you installed? BIDS? Management Studio? If you install both of those, I would feel fairly certain that DLL will be put in your GAC.

Feb 11, 2010 at 9:21 AM

i have BIDS 2008 installed but have now also installed vs 2008 but still can't find the dll.

If I attempt to manually add the reference in my vs project I can find a Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla MSIL file in C:\windows\assembly but i can't add it to my references.

but if I use cmd to search the folder C:\windows\assembly all I see is GAC* folders. I'm not familiar with the way gAC is organised or accessed. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Ah! Thanks for clarifying. I think the problem is that the reference is set to SpecificVersion=true. Change that setting and it should find it no matter the version number. Let us know if that fixes it. If so, we'll try to fix it in source control to not require the specific version.

Thanks for reporting this problem!

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2010 at 12:54 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2010 at 7:37 PM

I think it depends on which project file is opened. We have projects for SSAS 2008 and 2005 and for those of us with both servers on our dev machines we had to set the SpecificVersion=True to stop VS grabbing the 2008 version when we wanted to compile for 2005.