This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

assp 2008 1.3 Bug with SQL 2008R2

Topics: User Forum
Nov 24, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Hello,

I try to get ASSP to work with SQL Server 2008R2 (on a 64 bit machine).

I use ASSP to bring online a documentation for my cubes, we recently upgraded to 2008 r2 from 2005 where it was working fine.

It does not work I get errors, i.e.

I try to run the Discover Cube status report from the 2008 reports.

An error occurred during local report processing.
An error has occurred during report processing.
Query execution failed for dataset 'dsDatabases'.
Execution of the managed stored procedure DiscoverXmlMetadataFull failed with the following error:
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.Syntax error: Missing operand before '<' operator..

Any hope to get it working again?

Thanks,

Philippe

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Hi Philippe,

Can you post an example of the call that you are trying to run? It should run fine on 64 bit and SQL 2008R2 although I don't think it's had a lot of testing there. It should be possible to get this fixed if I can get steps to reproduce the error.

Regards
Darren

Dec 6, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Hi Darren,

Simply stick this in a dataset and try.

CALL ASSP.DiscoverXmlMetadataFull("\Databases\Database","<ObjectExpansion>ExpandObject</ObjectExpansion>")

Regards,

Philippe Cand

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Sorry Philippe, that's my fault. There is a breaking change in the 1.3 where I inserted a whereClause parameter before the restrictions clause

If you try the following it should work:

CALL ASSP.DiscoverXmlMetadataFull("\Databases\Database", "" ,"<ObjectExpansion>ExpandObject</ObjectExpansion>")

I have updated the documentation to show some examples of how this new parameter can be used

http://asstoredprocedures.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=DiscoverXmlMetadata&referringTitle=XmlaDiscover

Dec 7, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Thanks Darren, that worked.