This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

assp.discoverxmlmetadatafull dsPermission

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jan 17, 2011 at 4:23 PM
Edited Jan 17, 2011 at 4:32 PM

I am trying to run a Discover Database Roles.rdl which is part of ASStoredProcs.. however, i am getting an below error.

How can I fix this error? I am using SQL 2008 R2. and I 've downloaded the most recent ASSP release ( Dec 2010)..

="call assp.discoverxmlmetadatafull(""\Database\Dimensions\Dimension|Name\DimensionPermissions\DimensionPermission|RoleID\AttributePermissions\AttributePermission"",""<DatabaseID>" & Parameters!DatabaseId.Value &   "</DatabaseID>"")"

:Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.syntax error: Missing operand before ‘<’ operator

Jan 17, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Did you also download the latest version of the report? There was an extra parameter (a where clause) inserted in between the path and XmlaRestriction parameters, it's not used in that report, but you should see a placeholder empty string.

eg.

="call assp.discoverxmlmetadatafull(""\Database\Dimensions\Dimension|Name\DimensionPermissions\DimensionPermission|RoleID\AttributePermissions\AttributePermission"", "" ,""<DatabaseID>" & Parameters!DatabaseId.Value &   "</DatabaseID>"")"

Jan 17, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Thanks.. where can I download the latest version of the report?

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:32 PM

If you click on the Source Code tab there are links on the right hand side to either Browse the latest source or to download it. If you browse you can download the individual rdl files that you want, If you choose download you will get all the reports and all the c# source files.