This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Executing ASSP.ClearAllCaches() returns error

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Aug 14, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I have downloaded the latest version of the ASSP project (1.3.6), and created the assembly in a SSAS 2012 instance successfully. When I executed the command 'call ASSP.ClearAllCaches()' from management studio (run as administrator), I received the following error message:

Executing the query ...

Query (1, 6) Execution of the managed stored procedure ClearAllCaches failed with the following error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified..

Execution complete

This is a SSAS 2012 only server, so there is no SSAS 2008 assembly installed, and we are not planning to install it. I have searched through the net, and can't really use some of the suggestions, e.g.

1) use gacutil.exe to load the 2008 assemble to GAC.

2) set binding redirect in the application configuration file. (We don't want to mess with the source coce, just want to use it as is).

How do we get around this error message? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Did you download the right DLL? Make sure you download the "ASSP 2012" file from the Downloads tab.

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Thanks a lot for the reply. For some reason, I downloaded the file for 2008 previously. The ASSP 2012 works fine in our environment.