Using SSIS to call these procedures...

Topics: User Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2014 at 9:55 PM
I spent way too much time building a system to recreate and process partitions after a dataload... then I discovered this app. And the CreatePartition procedure works wonderfully from mdx in management studio.

Has anyone been able to call these procedures from SSIS? I cant get past the invalid MDX for the Execute DDL Task.

Thanks

Update: So, the normal mdx execute task doesn't work. However, in theory, using a script task, to connect to the server and execute it should work. I'm just not getting anything back from the Execute on Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Server object.... It runs right through it, no error returned, etc.

Update 2: Figured out the error was buried:

The ASSP.CreatePartitions("Reporting", "Sales", "[Date].[Date Hierarchy].[Month].Members") text node at line 7, column 131 cannot appear inside the Command element (namespace urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-analysis) under Envelope/Body/Execute. This element can only have text nodes containing white-space characters.
Oct 21, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Got it working, had to import the adomd package, then I was able to execute the commands correctly.
Marked as answer by argrithmag on 10/21/2014 at 3:28 PM