Custom Drillthrough and doing group by in transaction details result by drill through

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Hi,
I wanted to get custom transaction details when someone drill through the information from excel.But i want to group the data by transaction ID in the transaction details.

For example if we get this transaction detail when i drill through normally
TransId LiNo Value
1 1 10
1 2 11
2 1 13
3 1 21
3 2 15

But instead of above result i should get
TransId Value
1 21
2 13
3 36

is there a way to do this type of drill through action ?
Coordinator
Nov 21, 2014 at 10:18 PM
No, you cannot do grouping in a drilltrhough action. drillthroughs always return the records at the same grain as they were loaded into the cube.

The only way to do this would be to write an MDX query and expose it through a Rowset action, but this would mean that you would need to have Transaction ID as an attribute (although you could make it hidden if you did not want people using it in pivot tables)
Nov 22, 2014 at 4:56 AM
Select [Measures].Value on Columns,
{
[Fact Trans Details].[TransID].Children *
[Time].[Time Period].Children*
}
ON ROWS
From [Cube]

I am using above MDX and using ASSP.CurrentCellAttributes() and exposing it through rowset action and its working perfect for me and giving me the desired results.
But in this case its not cleaning the column names and also its not working on calculated measures ?

To clean column names i used code below in action expression but its not cleaning name
Is it possible to clean name using custom MDX for drill through and using ASSP.CurrentCellAttributes() to get transaction details and using ASSP.ExecuteDrillthroughAndFixColumns() to clean and fix column names.....if yes then am i missing something in the syntax in the code ?

' call ASSP.ExecuteDrillthroughAndFixColumns(" '
  • "select {[Measures].CurrentMember} on Columns,
    NON EMPTY
    {
    [Fact Trans Details].[TransID].Children *
    [Time].[Time Period].Children*
    }
    ON ROWS
    from (select (" + ASSP.CurrentCellAttributes([Measures].CurrentMember) + ") on 0 from [UDM])"
    +'")'