This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Currency Hierarchy values not displaying data for specific value for drill through action

Topics: Developer Forum
Apr 15, 2015 at 6:52 PM
I am having Currency hierarchy with values as US Dollar, Euro , Local
Measure value is in US $.

When browsing the data and currency value is changed from Dollar to any other value the measure value get changed.
But when drill though action is performed for the changed value then drill though action doesn't display any data , it only display that when currency value US$ is selected .

Any specific reason for this ?
I am assuming that since measure value is in US $ drill though action will only work if currency value US $ is selected ...please let me know if my assumption is correct or not ?
Apr 15, 2015 at 9:41 PM
sadhikari707 wrote:
Any specific reason for this ?
I am assuming that since measure value is in US $ drill though action will only work if currency value US $ is selected ...please let me know if my assumption is correct or not ?
Drillthrough, by definition only shows data from your measure group, it does not show any calculations. If you are only storing data in US $ and are calculating the other currencies from the US $ value then this is expected behaviour and probably want to setup your action to force US $ to always be returned regardless of the currency selected.
Apr 17, 2015 at 10:59 PM
Okay got it ....how to force action to return US $ .... is there any kind of setting or code that i have to write .
Apr 18, 2015 at 1:46 PM
You'd just put the US $ member in the tuple parameter for the GetDefaultDrillthroughMDX function -
May 8, 2015 at 5:24 PM
thanks it worked .