This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Sending a set into the Drillthrough

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 14, 2016 at 5:10 PM
I created a calculated dimension member YTD and if this one is chosen I am showing YTD data. Users need to be able to drillthrough on this and see source data for all months.

So for example February YTD aggregates Jan + Feb and in Action I doing these overrides:
ASSP.GetDefaultDrillthroughMDX(([Date].[Time Period].&[Monthly], {[Date].[Calendar].[Month Name].&[2015]&[January], [Date].[Calendar].[Month Name].&[2015]&[February]}))

I also tried more sofisticated functions to create the set for Months but none of them worked.

Is there any way to pass multiple values?
Jan 14, 2016 at 9:47 PM
In SQL 2014 and earlier versions the server does not support drillthrough on sets. I'm guessing that the theory was that if a user saw something in a YTD they could expand out the individual months before drilling through. This is a limitation of the platform and there is no really anything we can do about this.

SQL 2016 will support subselects for drillthrough statements, so once that is released we will have some options.
Marked as answer by furmangg on 1/14/2016 at 5:23 PM
Jan 15, 2016 at 1:22 AM
Darren is absolutely right. But a novel workaround is possible with SQL2014 and earlier but I wouldn't recommend it. I'm not aware this workaround has been coded yet:
http://asstoredprocedures.codeplex.com/discussions/256880
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:04 PM
Creating subcubes via a hack in SSAS is really out of my comfort zone.
However since [Date].[Calendar].CurrentMember.Parent seems to work, I think this is something I can justify to our business users.

I am pretty happy with the library so far guys. And the support is exceptional. Big thanks.