This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Not getting Drillthrough to work

Topics: User Forum
Apr 25, 2016 at 12:26 PM
Hi,
I need to have drillthrough action on calculated measures and this (http://asstoredprocedures.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Drillthrough&referringTitle=Home) seems like something that I could use.

I have installed the assmebly on my SSAS server and added a stardard action (according to the example in the documentation) to my OLAP cube but the action does not appear under "Additional actions" in excel

I have SQL Server 2014 and Excel 2016.

Appriciate any help
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2016 at 1:13 PM
You probably have some sort of error in your expression. If there is any error in an action expression the action will not appear.

If you can't spot the issue you could post the expression here and we can see if we can help.
Apr 25, 2016 at 1:17 PM
Edited Apr 25, 2016 at 1:18 PM
thnaks for getting back.

I got it to work now (wonder if was a lag between registering the dll and getting it to work?)

My next problem is "you cannot drillthrough if the cell in a select clause is a calculated cell"

This is my action expression:
ASSP.GetCustomDrillthroughMDX
(
    "[Measures].[Sales Amount]
    ,NAME([$Product].[Product Id])"
   )
however this works fine:

ASSP.GetDefaultDrillthroughMDX([Measures].[Sales Amt])

[Measures].[Sales Amt] is a physical measure
[Measures].[Sales Amount] is a calculated measure
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2016 at 1:27 PM
That's the expected behaviour. You can't include calculated measures in a drillthrough MDX statement. Drillthrough statements return records from the raw partition and the calculated measures don't exist at that level.

What you can do with ASSP is to configure the drillthrough action so that when someone drills through on [Sales Amount] the action actually returns the value from the underlying physical measures which [Sales Amount] depends on. (which I'm guessing is [Sales Amt] )
Apr 25, 2016 at 1:54 PM
Edited Apr 25, 2016 at 2:02 PM
thanks, that makes sense.

But I got a new error now.

As I said, this works fine:
ASSP.GetDefaultDrillthroughMDX([Measures].[Sales Amt])
And this works as well:
(
    "NAME([$Product].[Product Id])"
   )
However, this does not work:
(
    "[Measures].[Sales Amt]
    ,NAME([$Product].[Product Id])"
   )
I am getting this erroe message: "Errors from the SQL query module: The 'Measures' table either foes not exist in the 'sales' schema (or cube)"

Update:
solved it (incorrect measure grou name)
Marked as answer by jockefe on 4/25/2016 at 6:01 AM