I have created an Action in my SSAS OLAP cube

'call ASSP.ExecuteDrillthroughAndFixColumns("'
  • ASSP.GetCustomDrillthroughMDX(
    "NAME([$Date].[Date Key])
    ,NAME([$Comapny].[Company Key])
    ,[Measures].[Sales Amount]"
    )
    • '")'
It looked like it worked fine in excel but when I added filters either by adding filers to the pivot table or by using slicers for filtering the action dissapeared - "No Actions Defined"

Any idea of how I can troubleshot this?
Coordinator
May 19, 2016 at 2:41 PM
When you added filters did you define a multiselect? Meaning did you choose Country = USA and Canada?
May 19, 2016 at 3:06 PM
yes
I have a slicer for year and one for month where I select a year and one or more months

Actually It seems to work better when I only select one of the value from each slicer
Not sure it this is a pattern or if it has to do with anything else

I can trace the MDX queries if that helps?
May 20, 2016 at 5:12 AM
any help appriciated, need to know if I should look for other solutions
Coordinator
May 21, 2016 at 2:37 PM
jockefe, you are correct that in the versions of Excel and SSAS you are using that drillthrough only works with a single select not a multiselect. So I don't have a good solution for you other than if you need to multiselect months, instead just show months on rows and then drillthrough on a single month.

Excel 2016 and SSAS 2016 support multiselect drillthrough.
https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2015/10/05/drillthrough-on-multiselect-now-works-in-excel-2016-and-ssas-2016/

To be honest, since that's not RTM we haven't spent any time researching if we can now make ASSP support multiselect. Nor have we upgraded ASSP to SSAS 2016 yet. So stay posted there after it RTMs.
May 22, 2016 at 3:26 PM
Thank you very much for sorting this out for me!

We use Excel 2014 ad SSAS 2016.

We plan to upgrade to SSAS 2016 as soon as possible.

Do you have any rough estimate of when when you plan to release ASSP for SSAS 2016?
Is it something you have started working on?

Thanks!
Coordinator
May 24, 2016 at 1:43 AM
I don't believe anyone has begun work on ASSP 2016. Check back after RTM I expect. I'm hopeful the upgrade will be super easy.

No clue yet if we can support multiselect drillthrough. But we will be looking into it in the coming months.
Coordinator
May 25, 2016 at 12:41 AM
From the early previews it looks like there is reasonable chance that multi-select drill through will just work with ASSP and SSAS 2016. But note that it looks like you will need both Excel 2016 and SSAS 2016 to get this feature working. This feature needs both client and server changes - older versions of Excel don't know how to generate a multi-select drillthrough query.
May 25, 2016 at 5:03 AM
Thats great news!

We use excel 2016 and will migrate/upgrade to SQL 2016 soon.

Let me know If I can help you somehow.
Jun 7, 2016 at 1:25 PM
any updates yet?
Coordinator
Jun 8, 2016 at 12:57 PM
No updates yet. Have you tried one of the existing assemblies? There is a reasonable chance they will work fine in 2016.